> I have sold those adapters before and there are two types.  I believe one
is 29
> pin (no switch on it) and the other is 30 pin but it had a switch on it
that
> allowed you to switch between scsi disk mode and regular scsi. Also it had
> little led that lit up when in scsi disk mode.  I do know there is a
certain order
> you have to turn on the powerbooks.  Have you tried connecting in scsi
disk mode
> to any desktops to see if everything is working?  I always thought you
could
> connect two powerbooks together but am not sure.  Do they both have IR on
them you
> may be able to communicate that way.

i have 2 29-pin adaptors with no switch and no LCD.
The label says HD/SCSI adaptor
like you, i always thought that it would be a cinch  :-(
then i thought maybe i need a terminator or something...
i changed the numbers on the SCSI mode control panel and expected to  see
the changes
when i turned it on but still no go..
i'll try remy's suggestion and connect it thru DB25's
will update you guys on what happens

Jun Belen

Get paid to read e-mail. I've used it and it works.
Go to: http://www.MintMail.com/?m=654615