Thank you for this highly informative post. I'm always
amazed at the answers found here.

I an going to try to replace the batteries inside the
casing, the next time I go to Radio Shack. I'm not
risking much and it may be fun. It looks like I can
modify a battery tray in one of my children's dead
toys to accept the batteries and it might fit back in
the casing. It's worth a try. Modular, convenient and
ecologically-friendly. I suppose that I stand a chance
of not being able to recharge them inside the
computer, by going this way, though.

Mike Dolberry
Carpe Diet (sieze the SlimFast)