For anyone else shopping for a used Powerbook or iBook, I wholeheartedly
recommend these two reports by Charles Moore who writes the Mac "Road
Warrior" column:

"Compleat Guides" to PowerBooks and iBooks. First one is <$1000 US, 2nd one
>$1000 US.

http://www.macopinion.com/columns/roadwarrior/01/05/29/index.html

http://www.macopinion.com/columns/roadwarrior/01/06/12/index.html

He's a nice guy, too. Took the time to give me specific info  for my Peace
Corps-bound friend.

His report and the replies I received from members of this list, privately
and on the list, were truly invaluable. I'm signing off the list now,
because I'd joined only to help my friend, so please send any further
messages to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. I am so glad this list exists,
because my friend and I would both still be lost in the maze, otherwise.
THANK YOU.

Judith Broadhurst, editor and writer
Creative License, editorial services
Santa Cruz, California, USA