Hello,

I have managed to convince my father to purchase an older PB rather than some
old PC laptop he spied at a local used PC shop.  Now, of course, I have to help
him find one.  He can only afford to spend about $450 USD. I thought that the
best option would be a PB 3400, which one can find on eBay for a little less
than that.  Another option would be to purchase a 1400c or 1400cs and a sonnet
crescendo, also on eBay.  I myself have the latter option and am quite happy
with it, despite a small problem with freezing.

My question is which of these options do you think would be best?

My father is barely computer literate, so I want to get him something quite
simple to operate [I will have about ten days over christmas holidays to teach
him how to use it].  He wants to use this machine to do email, surf the web and
do some word processing, while away from home.  If you have any other
suggestions besides these two options, please suggest away!  I just want to
find him the best machine for the money.

Thanks,

Mark [still in Lviv, Ukraine]