No they don't charge the same. You can expect the NiMH cells to take
longer to charge using a charger 'designed' for NiCd, but the charger
won't harm your NiMH cells, and
they'll charge up just fine. I've been doing this for three years
regulasrly with
NiMH AAA cells for my PalmPilot, and they typically last about a
month per charge.

I've been charging NiMH cells for about a year in my Powerbook 145
(rebuilt) battery pack, with no problems at all. The battery lasts
noticeably longer than the original NiCd pack. NiMH was my choice for
light weight rechargeable cells. If I didn't have to carry them
around, it would be lead-acid.