Hello,

I'm new to this list. I have a PB 1400c, 133mhz, 48 mb, 1.2 g, OS 8.6. I
would like to do some upgrades to this machine.

Like (I assume) most 1400 owners, memory is a problem. I know I can upgrade
to a max of 64 mb internal physical memory. Replacing with the right stuff,
though, is hard to find.

Anyway, I have heard you can use flash cards (PC card slot) as RAM, but I
don't understand how this can work, since it shows up, basically, as a disk.
If this can indeed be accomplished, it would certainly solve RAM problems.

Some way to have the OS "see" the flash card as Virtual RAM, maybe? I don't
know.

Any help in this area would be much appreciated.

I am also having great difficulty finding the video dongle (adapter). My
machine has the optional video port, and I have seen a picture of the
adapter at the Apple site (I can get the part no.). However, I have spent
way too many hours trying to find one. If anyone has a source, I'd be
grateful.

Best regards,
Ken N.

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.