>From: Sionnach Aisling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I was thinking of using my 3400 for music as well.
>
>A friend of mine about a year ago gave me a copy of
>Opcode's (now obsolete) Music Shop (a midi program for
>Mac in case you aren't familiar with it.) I was
>thinking of picking up a MidiMan as well...  My
>problem is that I play Guitar, not keyboard... and
>neither of my guitars is setup with Midi ports as
>keyboards standardly come with.
>
>I'm assuming I can run some sort of synth or something
>between the Guitar and the Midibox to get the midi
>output that I need.  Do you have any experience with
>this and could you recommend any hardware?

Well, it's a pretty expensive proposition:  you need either a guitar with
built in MIDI (which is old and hard to find) or you need to mount an audio
pickup on the guitar you have, and connect it to a MIDI capable guitar
synth.  Either way, you're looking at a several hundred dollar outlay.  I
rather like Roland GR series of guitar synths, take a look on Ebay.

I'm not really familiar with musicshop, so I couldn't really say what I
think of it.  But I'll give my heartfelt recommendation to Propellerheads
REason, I do most of my tracks on it, and a minimal track will run fine on
your 3400.

-doktorboring

http://www.mp3.com/c6h6
http://listen.to/vektor7

AIM- Doktor242
MSN+Yahoo- doktorboring

"Of course you can’t ‘trust’ what people tell you on the web anymore than
you can ‘trust’ what people tell you on megaphones, postcards or in
restaurants"

- Douglas Adams

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.