Hi Gang,

Here's the deal. I presently have several un-networked
Macs, which I am hoping to set up in a small network:

one C600 desktop w/a USB card
one pre-powermac performa
two powerbook 1400's

The reason for which I am asking here is, that my old
HP printer has gone to the old scrapyard in the sky
and my new one is an Epson C800 with only USB and PC
parallel connections.

I am a complete newby to anything but localtalk (even
after all these years) and read SOMEWHERE of a way to
add a USB printer into an ethernet network. I wondered
if this is the way to go.

My 1400's have an ethernet card each to accomplish
this. But my more off-topic questions concern how to
set up an ethernet network in general, and
specifically how to get ethernet onto a Performa.

So basically, I am looking for information on what I
might need to accomplish this task. Then I will
present my wish list on the swap list.

Mike Dolberry

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.