on 3/24/02 10:59 PM, (PowerBooks) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Subject: battery woes
> Date: Sun, 24 Mar 02 15:49:02 -0500
> From: ifab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> I have a fairly new battery in my 1400 that just doesn't hold a charge
> very long.  I have an app called "My Battery" says it is fully charged
> and I should get 4 hours but I only get about 45min. if I'm lucky.
> I have used Battery Recondition as well.
----------
I'd like to know the answers to this as well. I've never really been able to
run my PB 1400c on the battery. I bought it used and figured the battery
wouldn't hold a charge because it was worn out, so I bought a new one (these
things cost an arm and a leg). On the first full charge, it didn't last more
than 45 minutes. Subsequent recharges only lasted 10-15 minutes. Now it
won't even make it through a boot-up, even though all the indicaters say it
is fully charged. I also tried Battery Recondition as well, with very
minimal results.

I had followed all the recommendations I got out of the MAC Secrets book
about setting HD spindown and the other energy saver features, which helped
a little the first couple of times.

BTW, for Ilene, I don't think there was ever a possibility to get 4 hours
out of a 1400 battery. I've never ever heard of anyone getting that much
time out of any computer battery (some PC laptops have a dual battery setup
that they say can get 6 hrs).

Kindest regards,
Ken N.

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.