--- Don Silver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One thing you could also try is disconnecting the
> keyboard, flipping it over and thoroughly spraying
> the
> underside with electrical contact cleaner.

Careful there...

Depending on what brand of contact cleaner you use...
some of that stuff can damage/erode/discolor plastic
compnents.

I don't think spraying the backside of the keyboard
would be *that* helpful as there isn't a large
percentage of the keyboard circuit board exposed.  I
also would think that the original problaem is coming
from a heavily used keyboard which has (1)
contaminated the keys and their "hinges" with a lot of
sticky residue and (2) worn out the resiliency of the
rubber 'springs' under the keys...

I would say the best course of action would be to
disassemble each key from the top and clean each one
(and it's matching parts -plastic clips, rubber boots,
ect.) in warm soapy water as suggested.  Careful to
watch how the pieces go back together whn you take
them apart, as if you don't reassemble them properly,
the keys can feel just as bad as if they had worn out
rubber boots...

Additionally, I would take some compressed air and
blow out the pressure connector where the keyboard
connects to the mainboard. Obviously, remove the
ribbon cable attaching the keyboard from the connector
first...  A lot of times a loose connection or dirty
connection can cause a few keys not to function at all
or function erratically... I've seen that happen
plenty of times.

Cheers,
Sionnach

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.