on 4/6/02 12:31 PM, (PowerBooks) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 22:51:22 -0500
> Subject: 1400 Battery not recognized
> From: Sean McGroty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> The battery in my 1400 is not being recognized, however, it is able to
> maintain PRAM settings. The battery tested at 10.8 volts, almost fully
> charged.
I thought my PB battery is 12 volts. If yours is 10.8 v. it's probably below
readable levels, and no where near fully charged. They're actually cells,
you know. I believe all NiCd cells are 1.2 v each. If they drop much below
1.1 v each, (that's where you would normally recharge them), or 11 v. for a
pack of ten (like the PB battery) it's in danger. Comes from a few years of
maintaining lots of battery packs for model aircraft.

Best regards,
Ken N.

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.