--- Macluver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just recently got a 5300. It's worked perfectly
> until now. I bought a 32MB RAM card and proceded to
> install it. After that it wouldn't boot. So I took
> it out and tried without the card thinking it may be
> bad. Still nothing. I reconnected the keyboard
> cables also. It's just dead. Even using the AC
> Adapter. Any ideas? I can't think of what I did
> wrong.

Did you try reseting the Power Manager?  Try putting
everything back together, then plug it in to the AC
Adapter and press the reset button.  Hold it in for a
minute and see if it will start.  If your PRAM battery
is causing the problem, sometimes if you remove the
external battery and just connect it to the AC Adapter
without the external battery in the machine, the PRAM
will behave itself and allow you to boot.  Again, you
may have to hold the reset button in.

Cheers,
Sionnach

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.