>       You might need another terminator, one for the powerbook itself.
>Find a centronix 50 passthrough (fits between CD-ROM and SCSI cable)
>terminator for the second termination.
>Paul

So these older powerbooks not only require the device to provide
termination power, but the controller itself isn't terminated? The latter
seems strange to me, for normal use of peripherals (non-SCSI disk mode).

The SCSI disk mode section of my pb100 manual shows that you need extra
terminators, but not for regular use.  If one can draw a comparison between
the 100 and the 500 series for this... I'll admit I've not downloaded the
540c manual yet.

Brian

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.