Ben and David

>>try for a 166c if you can get it as the 166 has a later ROM (the 177
>>and most 133 units cannot be upgraded to 166 but will still take G3
>>cards)

No, the Sonnet works with ALL the ROMs!

- Sometimes there are conflict problems with running OS 8.6 or 9.0, but in
fact these never happen with the old ROM (in 117Mhz and some 133 Mhz'es),
but with some of the later ones (other 133 and all 166s).

- I would definitely go for one of the good screens ('c').
Next decission would be either to pick a cheap 117c (with CD) and get a
Sonnet G3 (333Mhz is fine, I think they are about 2.500 swedish kroner) and
a bigger hd (117s often came with only 1.3 Gb)
OR
a 166 with 2 Gb hd and keep both prcessor and hd.

I have a 166c with Sonnet G3 (333), 2Ghd and 64mb ram. I am VERY happy with
it. I think the biggest setback is becomming not being able to connect to
USB of firewire devices. (So maybe a second hand coloured iBook instead of
upgrading a 1400??? - though their looks and keyboard are not y are not
half as nice!!!)

Good hunting,

Christopher
Denmark