I have just recently picked up a 5300CS from a friend but it has a problem
at startup - the display lights up but I never can see anything on the
screen. I can hear the hard drive going through the startup process but I
don't see anything but a light green screen. There must be something in the
startup items folder because about two minutes into the process I can hear
some noise coming from whatever program it is. When I hooked the unit up to
an external monitor the screen was a blue pattern, but still nothing, not
even a mouse pointer.

Also, I know it's been covered here before but since I didn't have a 5300 I
didn't file it away - where is the information for the REA? I looked through
Apple's web site last night but I didn't see anything. They must have it
buried pretty deep now.

--
JSH

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.