If your cable offers a steady thoroughput and doesn't drop off at peak
hours, and the DSL isn't really, really close to matching the speed, you
probably should just stick with what you have. Once you've had broadband,
it's hard to take even a small step back, because you will know the
difference.

I have DSL and wouldn't give it up for cable, but I also have a steady,
stable 1.4 Mbps download and about 230K upload speed, with no bandwidth
limits. That's not a deal you can get everywhere.

If you want to check on the quality of DSL in your area, there's a great
resource of users rating DSL services at http://www.dslreports.com. Some DSL
is far better than cable, and in some places you'd almost be better off with
56K, because of reliability issues. There's also spotty Mac support in some
places, and I assume you're going to be doing this on a Mac.

Good luck.

JC

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.