Brian, have you tried running a program like Battery Amnesia?  Gets rid of nasty
memory effects and sometimes gets a little more running time out of your battery.  You
get it from the same place as you find My Battery.  Not nearly as much fun as Doom,
but it gives you a progress graph to watch ;)  You can set the thing to speak
voltages, too although I have not tried that feature to see if it works or not.  I
have used it on my 540C batteries after doing the intelligent battery thing and now I
can get about 2 hours out of the 2 batteries in it.  Even though I have a lithium ion
battery in the 3400, and it supposedly has no effect on it, I have gotten to over an
hour and a half before that one dies after running it through a couple of times.
God Bless,
Rick

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.