Hi.

I recently picked up a powerbook 3400c and the previous owner -- I don't
know how/why -- ripped out the ethernet/modem it came with. The back of the
machine is just has a hole going into the laptop's case. I have a pcmcia 56k
modem, but would rather be able to connect it to my home LAN to transfer
files etc. I've searched around online, since I'm new to apples in general
(although I am experienced w/ PCs) and can't find any good places that have
either the replacement ethernet/modem or a PCMCIA ethernet for it. Can
anyone give me a recommendation/hint as to where I can get a replacement for
this?

Also, it's running OS 8; I'd like to upgrade it to OS 9, but haven't been
able to find any info on whether or not the machine can take os9. I don't
have the discs, so I'd have to buy them and would rather know if I should
even bother before doing that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hope.

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.