Imran,

I'm not an expert but I did have a PB1400 for a few years so I can tell
you what I know and perhaps others more knowledgeable can add to it (or,
correct me as the case may be).

>          A. I need some ram. Pure and simple I gotta buy some PB ram for
> this thing, on the order of 24 to 48 megabytes, ( it has currently the
> stock 8 ).

8MB bites.  The machine maxes out at 64 and comes in some wierd config if
memory serves (in other words, I think you have to buy all new ram and
dump the 8 chip).

>          B. The Power Adapter that it came with is dead dead dead, and I
> want to know if using the power adapters from other powerbooks would charge
> the battery.

--I used the original yo-yo (and its replacement, which is not the same
yo-yo adapter now being sold with Ti & Ice/iBooks -- check before you buy;
you need the ORIGINAL yo-yo or its specific replacement).  But it may be
the battery.  Sorry, but I live in the San Diego area, or I'd help.

>          C. Upgrade options for the processor. What can I expect to get the
> processor in here up to, 604e? ( I don't think it is worth that right..,)
> or G3 ( G4 is just preposterous right?) ? If so does anyone have a G3
> upgrade kit for the 1400c?.

Sonnet has one (www.sonnettech.com); they're in Irvine in So. Cal.
Depending upon your PB model/config, either this works reasonably well
(excellent for me -- a 5 minute job, really) or it's pure hell (the 133
models, anyone?).  Got mine off ebay which, after hearing some list
members' problems, was the way to do it as mine was pulled, working, from
a PB dismembered for parts because something else catastrophic had gone
wrong with the beast.

>          D. Lastly, while we are on the subject of upgrades, ( and if this
> doesn't qualify as once removed, ignore it) does anyone have any G4 upgrade
> stuff for either a PM 7300 or a Beige G3? I have the 7300, but I can try
> to  get the Beige G3, so I would perfer the zif socket and G4 zif....( just
> heard rumor about dual G4 upgrade for beige G3, drool...)

Dunno, but try Sonnet and then look on ebay.

> Anyway, thanks for your support in this odd transition I am making. ( still
> adamant against one button mice stock, but that is ingrained.)

The father of the unibutton mouse, Jef Raskin, had a book out last year
from Addison-Wesley called the Human Interface.  He was one of the
XeroxPARC people subsequently lured to Apple.  But, I digress.  Actually,
I believe several manufacturers -- Logitech or whoever owns them? -- have
multi-button mice for the Mac.

Regards,

Judy

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.