I upgraded recently to this latest 5.1.4 version of Internet Explorer.
iTools now does not work. If I try to log in to my iTools account I get:
"You do not have the plug-in needed to view the "application/x-itool" type
information on this page. To get the plug-in now, click View Plug-in Page."
the URL shows
<https://itools.mac.com/WebObjects/Signup.woa/wa/pluginDownloadISWO1001001SO
ScyfdZKQghceFFnhs?aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en&destination=Tools>

If I use Netscape Communicator 4.7.9 it also shows
<https://itools.mac.com/WebObjects/Signup.woa/wa/pluginDownloadISWO1001001SO
ScyfdZKQghceFFnhs?aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en&destination=Tools>
Eventually it redirects to a page for "iTools Get Started in 3 Easy Steps",
as if I do not have an account. I downloaded the most recent version of
iTools installer, thinking maybe something happened or I did not have the
latest version, but that is the exact same version I have installed.

So it looks like it is trying to get a WebObject. Is that an x-itool? It is
the same thing in both browsers.

If I click on that button for View Plug-in Page, , it takes me to
search.internet.com
that does not get me anything if I type in "browser information for x-itool.
Is this some kind of ploy by Microsoft? Maybe related to their active X
junk.

I did manage to log in by going to Recent Servers in the Apple Menu and
connecting to idisk.mac.com with my user name and password, so my idisk
still exists. It knows me. If I say "forgot my password" and give it my
birth month and day, it gives me my question, which I can answer
correctly--which then lets me change my password.

If this might affect the situation, I did recently delete ALL my cookies in
Internet Explorer and I set it on "Ask for Each Site". Previously I was
accepting all cookies.. I am running system 9.1.
Donna Pointer-- iMac, ergo iAm

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.