I have 7.5.5 on my PB520. I had to put that on after I put in a PPC upgrade
card. Then I had to also upgrade my Global Village software, because the
older version did not work with PPC. However, that done, everything works
fine. Check your version numbers. What I have on mine is:
Powerport for 500 and Duo version 2.5.5

That is the control panel where you turn the modem on and "configure" it ,
which means you tell it whether you have and internal or external modem.

The other bit of GV software controls the fax function which I never used.
Donna Pointer-- iMac, ergo iAm

 CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.