Well, this afternoon I've opened up my neice's PB 5300cs to hunt for
the PRAM battery. I think i might have located it. I'm still wondering
if this is the problem. Heck, I'm wondering if this funny looking thing
I'm looking at is the battery. It's round, about the size of 2 stacked
nickels, wrapped in a brown, plastic wrapping, and attached to a small
board via 3 wires of red, white, and black. Is this what the battery
looks like in this PB?

   The original problem is that the screen isn't displaying anything
other than some backlight.

                                            Jim / Taqwa91

--
http://www.asile.org/citoyens/numero13/pentagone/erreurs_en.htm

"Any idiot can face a crisis.
  It's this day-to-day living that wears you out."
Anton Chekhov - Russian playwright and short-story writer.