On Tue, Jun 11, 2002, 9:49am (EDT-3), <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(Harbourmaster) insightfully replied:

====
This sounds to me like a Power Manager problem.
Try restarting the book and hold down the command-option-P-R keys to
reset the PRAM.
Hold the keys down and make them chime at least_10_ times before you let
the book restart.
If that doesn't clear the problem then I would suggest that you remove
all power from the machine and disconnect the Pram battery for an hour
or so to fully discharge the PRAM.
If you are uncomfortable opening up your book to do this you could just
leave it without power for about a week and probably accomplish the same
thing.
Aloha, Ken

----
Thanks Ken, I'll give this a try. I did zap the PRAM initially but only
once and noticed that the date and time was retained. It's no problem to
disconnect the PRAM battery. I have replaced one in a 540c, so I know
the drill. I'll post again if this cures it.

Best,