At 02:15 PM 06/16/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>I would also suggest using the latest version of iCab with your
>configuration rather than Netscape. Yes, the integrated email feature of
>Communicator is a nice feature, but from iCab, you can at least send emails
>if you have to.

I'm using iCab at home, as I think I should be supporting a company still
making software for 68K Macs.  I have a copy of IE installed, in case I run
into anything it can't handle.  And I use Eudora for mail.

I tried a few versions of Netscape on the Mac and haven't been impressed by
any of them.  The memory leak in v 3 is amazing.  I would run it on a PPC
6100 with 72MB of RAM and get an out of memory error!  And there were a lot
of pages that wouldn't load or would cause the browser to crash.

The only thing I don't like about iCab is that it seems a bit slow to load.
 I've been told I can speed this up by using a RAM disk for the cache (and
I may need to tweak the configuration as well.)  I've always tried to use
Netscape in the PC world, on principle.  It just doesn't work that well any
more.
Teri Pittman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
New and improved site: http://www.xws.com/terispage/