>Charlie,

>In the same vein, using one of these adapters, could I connect the laptop
>ide drive to my Mac with an ATA/66 IDE pci card and format it simply as Mac?
>Would this proposed interface be unknown territory or theoretically
>possible?

>Dave

Sorry I was out the whole day yesterday (6/27)

If the drive has been preformatted it should work. I have IDE drives with
Iodata IDE/SCSI bridge that are recognized by Drive Setup. Drives that have
had their drivers or directory corrupted and won't mount on the desktop are
likely to be saved by DOS formatting.

Charlie
(digest)