I'm the original poster about the Seagate Barracuda, 6100, and an external
drive case. Actually, I meant to post the message to the Powermacs list
(opps!!!) and wondered why it wasn't showing up in the digest or archives.

Anyway, I have an old Mac hard drive case that originally held a Mac 20 mb
hard drive ( Apple Hard Disk 20SC). It is now working fine with my original
Quantum 2 GB drive after some judicious troubleshooting.  The SCSI ID for
that external drive is 4; I checked the settings from the Quantum web site.
However, I'm wondering if the power supply for that case powerful enough to
handle a 1/2 height 9.1 GB Seagate Barracuda?  I wanted that much storage
to back up information from my Duo, pb170, 540c (son's computer), and my
6100, so I can somewhat keep this thread about powerbooks.  I also have
been converting CD tracks from my home collection to MP3's.

BTW, I have been using my 2300 duo as a portable MP3 player. At home I
connect it to my home stero, though the sound comes out mono. However, when
I use headphones from a portable CD player, the sound comes out stereo. Is
there any way to  play the music on my duo through my car cassete player?
I have a portable CD player with one of those tape thingies that let you
use the car stereo. Is there any way to connect the duo to the CD player?
I'm using SoundAPP PPC to convert the tracks to AIFF and Blade ENC to
convert the tracks to MP3'S. SoundAPP also does a reasonable job of
creating playlists and playing those MP3'S.

Frank C. Modica
501 E. Green St.
Urbana, IL. 61802 USA
1-217-367-4133