I've been trying to connect my duo 2300 to my 6100 through ethernet but
haven't had any luck. I just reinstalled 8.0 (will update to 8.1 later) on
the Duo and I'm running 8.1 on the 6100. The problem is with Appletalk.
When I open the Appletalk control panel and click on the pull-down menu for
"Conect Via..." I only have three choices: Remote Only, Printer Port, and
Modem Port. On the 6100 there is a fourth option for Ethernet. I'm guessing
that I'm probably missing an extension, but I've compared the Duo extension
set with the 6100 set and don't see any discrepancies. Here are the
ethernet related extensions that I have: Apple Built-In Ethernet, Apple
Ethernet CD, Apple Ethernet CSII, Apple Ethernet LC, Apple Ethernet NB, and
EtherTalk Phase Two. I'm using the Asante EN/SC Micro SCSI Adapter to
create my network. I dragged the Asante extension from my old system folder
to the new folder.

I know that I can connect the duo with the 6100 via SCSI Disk mode as well
as with a printer cable. SCSI Disk Mode is how I finally got 8.0 installed
on the duo once I got all my SCSI connections straight. But I'd like
ethernet so I can directly connect the duo to my iMac at work. I have a
small hub that has connected my venerable 170 with the iMac, so I can't
wait to get the duo connectable.

Frank C. Modica
501 E. Green St.
Urbana, IL. 61802 USA