Paul gives you good advice.  You did not say whether you are comfortable taking
apart a laptop.  Remember, having a good technician do the job, even though
simple and probably about 10 minutes total time, including testing time, will
cost you $40-65.  Many of us now do these tasks ourselves.  It really is easy.

Once you release the screws on the bottom and lift the side bars about 1/4
inch, you can lift out the keyboard.  You must be careful when you take up the
keyboard.  Don't stretch the ribbon connection cable or the damage might pale
in comparison to your present issue.  It really is easy, but definitely
download a good manual for adding ram before you start this.  This is a must!

Rather than plugging and unplugging a laptop, try using the reset button.  It
would be a good idea to be sure that you have enough ram before you start.  It
may be installed already, but may not.  I think I needed a minimum of 32 mb
installed ram to get a cable highspeed internet connection.  Good luck.

Dan S. in AZ