Hi

I have a pb1400cs/166 running a fresh and clean 9.1. The machine has a
Dayna Communicard Plus pcmcia card fitted with an adaptor that allows
ethernet and modem. Its running the most recent Dayna s/ware (altho
dayna went bust a while back)

The ethernet side runs fine, but when i try to use the modem (ARA) I get
the 'port in use, check for other applications etc' message.

Naturally i have tried turning off appletalk. I have no fax software at
all. After the clean install I went straight to the ara (after
installing dayna software)  and did not even attempt to use the ethernet
side.

This card has never worked as a modem because of the 'port in use'
problem.

Dayna diagnostics software gives this report

-------------------
PC Card information socket = 0

( it gives card name and ethernet driver version 2.3)

PC card information, socket =3
Card is in use, unable to read information

I would dearly love to use this machine as a back up, but without  a
modem its no good to me. Im not too keen on paying £80UKP for a new
card. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Id go back to 8.5 if it
would help, but would it?

I can supply much more info from the diagnostic program if required but
its a few pages worth so I wont post it unless asked

Thanks

Nick