--- Russell Courtenay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am back, yet again. (mailbox overflowed last
> time...)
>

> Now it won't boot to the OS 8 CD (flashing question
> mark).

My first thought on reading this is that you have the
OS 8 CD in the drive, but it's trying to boot from the
Hard Drive...  A flashing question mark generally
signifies a damaged System Folder or problems with the
System files.  Try holding down the "C" key when you
boot to force it to boot from the CD.

If that doesn't work, I'd hold the usual rituals over
it to exorcise any voodoo demons (take out the
battery, unplug it and hold in the reset button for
120 seconds or so... ; plug it back in, leave the
battery out, fire it up and Zap the PRAM through about
half a dozen chimes...  then try again...)

Cheers,
Sionnach