Would someone please tell me how to set the battery (Model # M7782) sliding
switch to operate and to charge? There is a white symbol outline of a
battery in one mode and what looks to be a half-greyed out symbol in the
other. I would assume the latter is the mode for charging, but I don't want
to make a mistake. I cannot find this information in the PB 280 User Guide
I downloaded.

I bought a used charger-AC adaptor via eBay. It doesn't power up the 280,
connected, when I push what looks to be the power buttom on the back, but
the charging light does glow when I insert the battery into the charging
slot. (The PB works perfectly when inserted into the dock)

I find the User Manual available in PDF form on the web leaves much to be
desired, as if they expect everyone to have the original manual.

Any help to this pilgrim will be greatly appreciated.

Dick Johnson