> I want to put a larger drive into my 1400...I know how to open the book up,
> etc...what I don't know is, is the drive screwed in, or does it just pop
> out...I see there are screws around the drive, but they seem to be part of
> the drive...my instinct tells me it just pops out and there's a connector
> underneath, and you just disconnect, and plug in the new drive.
> Can anyone offer help?

The old drive is indeed screwed down and it will not simply pop out of its
case. The new drive will not have the same screw holes. However, the fit
will be tight enough, and the pins secure enough, simply to leave the new
drive in the case without worry.

The pin cable is tucked a bit under the outer case and is a real monster to
reattach properly to the new drive. After hours of trying to get the thing
seated correctly (with countless "sad" Mac faces), I gave up and had to take
it to my friendly Mac dealer, whose nimble fingers popped it in quite
readily (and at no charge, I might add...).