I'm totally stumped.  My 5300c simply refuses to work with Ram Doubler.  It
has its stock amount of real RAM (16MB soldered in), an upgraded HD (IBM
1GB), no PC cards, running MacOS 8.1.  Whenever I try to install Ram Doubler
(version 8.01 or 9.01, or 8, or 9) I get a "bus error" immediately when
starting up.  This is when the MacOS screen comes up, before any
extension/control panel icons show up.  I get the bus error if no other
extensions are loaded EXCEPT for Ram Doubler.  I get the bus error if I load
ALL extensions, INCLUDING Ram Doubler.  Funny thing is, if I turn virtual
memory ON (built in Apple Control Panel) and have Ram Doubler loaded at the
same time, the computer will boot fine and it will tell me Ram Doubler
cannot load because virtual memory is active (turn it off!)  I've tried
  I KNOW other people must be using RD with their 5300s - any ideas?  I ran
TechTool Pro (latest 3.0.7 version) and everything checks out fine.  Same
for Norton Disk Doctor.