Happy Labor Day, list-mates,

I received two PowerBook 520/540 batteries that were dead, supposedly. I
stuck them in my VST 500 battery charger and, when the red light would
come on, take them out and reinsert them repeatedly, apropos of advice I
saw on this list.  After doing this for a couple of hours, mirable dictu,
they both are showing some signs of life.  One's even lighting four (4)
of the green charge level lights now (the highest) on the charger. I'd
love to slip these into my PowerBook to see what kind of life they have
in them at this point.

My problem is that neither of these batteries had the plastic "clip" that
fits over the end opposite the terminals and which locks them into the
PowerBook's battery bay.  One of them also does not have the "battery
contact cover" (PN 922-1182) which is the "slider" that covers the
terminals when not in use.  I just looked at the PowerBooks Guy's site
and at eBay, but don't see any available.  I looked at possibly using a
spare "battery bay door" (PN 922-0821), but that doesn't look like the
ticket here.

Do any of you have any extra clips or contact covers lying around that
you'd be willing to part with?

Thanks in advance, y'all.

Tyler Williams