Peter, the power supply's cable is the most likely suspect as you say the
other PS you have works fine. The wires inside the cable get worn and
you'll have an intermittant connection leading to the problems you
describe. Perhaps the seller can simply replace the PS rather than the
entire 'Book (and the POS floppy module too, while their at it!)

Hope that helped,

Dan K

On 9/4/02 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

<snip>>
>I'm using my own battery, my own charger and my own floppy drive, all
>borrowed from my 5300c.

<snip>