At 11:42 -0700 20/09/02, martin wrote:
>ONE of you geniuses must have run into this (although I can find NO mention
>of it in any of the Usual Places). Would appreciate your advice, and hope
>that I'm not trashing prefs etc and having to reinstall years of addresses.
>I'd actually like to find a way to download them to a print file or
>something as a standalone backup.

So, you deleted the addresses from the address book, and they still turn up
in the Message To menu?

I haven't seen something like that ever, but here's a suggestion: Most of
the Eudora files are simple text files, open it with something like BBEdit.
I just tried it, and it's just a simple list. If the old adresses are
there, delete them, save the file, and see if they are gone from the menu.

If not, at least you have a list of the addresses that you'd like to keep.

I did something similar, some time back when one of my mailboxes got too
big for my Q800 to handle it. I opened it with BBEdit, cut it in half and
saved it as to different files. It worked fine, so I reckon it should be
save to fidle around with the nicknames file too. You probably should try
it out of a copy first though.

Good Luck
Tina

Tina Holm, Pederstrup Djurs, DK. MacTivist.
Scandinavian Mac Mailinglist - Danish, Norwegian and Swedish
Subscribtion: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tons of somewhat outdated Maclinks: http://www.nehaia.dk/mac