I recently took my trusty old powerbook 5300 on a two week vacation trip.
All was well until the last couple of days when I discovered my batteries
would no longer run the computer.

I've reset the power manager, and it shows that it is charging the battery.
But when you power the machine up on battery power, it runs a very short
time and then says the battery is dead.

Although both of the batteries are old, they had been holding a fair charge,
and I just find it a little hard to believe that they would both die at the
same time.

Anyone have a sure fire way (other than a new battery) to determine if the
battery or the power manager is at fault?

Thanks!
Jim W.