on 10/1/02 4:52 AM, Jim November at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My 3400 is incredibly slow running any browser. I have 8.6 and 16 megs ram.
> I assume more RAM would speed her up a lot. True? What is a good deal on RAM
> and how hard is it to install. Is it harder than changing the PRAM battery,
> which I have done.

OWC (Other World Computing) sells brand-new TechWorks 128-mb modules for
$68, far lower than most recent eBay auctions for used no-brand chips.

<http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Column=Description&Criteria=Pow
erBook+3400&x=15&y=5>

The installation takes only a few minutes.  Instruction is provided in the
Apple User Guide.