Hi there.

I own a Powerbook 3400c (180MHz, OS8.6, 144MB RAM). Lovely machine. :D

I'd love to use it to message friends whilst I use my main PC for playing
games online. The 3400c fits in just nicely next to my other computer on my
desk and they share the 1mb cable connection. Internet access in general on
the 3400c is great, especially since I upgraded the RAM.

The problem is that MSN Messenger just won't work! V2.1 takes about 10
minutes to load and then 10 minutes to sign in. When it signs in, none of my
contacts are online and it says "Your online status could not be changed.".

However, when people sign into MSN whilst I am logged in on the 3400c, they
appear fine and I can have slow, laggy chats with them...

Upgrading to CarbonLib 1.6 didn't help.

I tried using MSN Messenger v1.0 (Took me about 3242634 years to find it!)
but that won't even sign in. Keeps trying and trying and never manages.
Occassionally says "There is not enough memory. Try closing some windows."
or something like that.

What I'd like to know is...are any of you successfully using Messenger on a
similar setup as mine?  Am I missing something important? Or is it just
simply very rubbish software?

If anyone knows any software that allows connection to the MSN Messenger
network other that Microsoft's, I'd be grateful for a link!