Chris,

1. I'm 90% certain this is software.
    If you had a hardware issue, the OTP issue would not result as it is.

2. is TCP/IP showing an IP address # ??? What is that #?  if it's a 169, you
do not have a connection (intellectually--though you may have one
physically). However, I suspect that you DO have an IP# that's valid, due to
AppleTalk being happy)..

3. try manually setting your IP# to another address.. If your other Mac's are
showing 10.0.1.xx, then set your machine to a slightly higher IP (say
10.1.1.12)...

IF that works, and you get online, then you'll know that the problem is
software on the machine--the DHCP service tools are screwed... if it DOES NOT
work, then you've got either a physical issue (which I doubt), or a system
issue with Open Transport servicing the Ethernet port.  Either way, you will
likely need to do a NEW system install to overcome this. DDon't try updating
your current sys folder--do a new system folder, to guarantee that all likely
parts are replaced..

Thanks,
David
- -