Hello all!  I'm new to the list, so forgive any frequently-asked-questions
(is there an faq for the powerbook list?  I couldn't find one).

I just picked up a pile of 1xx series powerbooks on ebay inexpensively and
hope to do some fixing.  I expect to have more specific questions as I work
through the project, but my most basic questions are...

1.  Is there a bible for vintage powerbook repair similar to Larry Pina's
books for compact macs?

2.  Is there an faq I should know about, or other essential online resources
for repairing powerbooks?

3.  How difficult is it to replace a screen if I can get the parts?  The
first PB I fired up has a display problem (about the bottom quarter of the
screen intermittently blurs or blanks out completely; wiggling the screen
often fixes it, but it comes back quickly, usually as soon as I let go of
the screen after wiggling it).

4.  Other than ebay & the swap list, what are the best sources for powerbook
parts?

Of course, if such a display problem could easily be fixed e.g. by reseating
a cable or some such thing, that'd be great too!

TIA,

Sara

Send list messages to:  <mailto:powerbooks@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:powerbooks-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>