I have a powerbook 5300 ce (a logic board upgrade in a 190 case). There are
now 2 issues:

1. When I plug it in, there is a whine from the upgraded 4 g hard disk, but
that has been there from the start. Now there is a soft popping sound like
the Start (power on) key has been depressed when it hasn't been. What could
be causing that sound?

2. The cat jumped on the power cable when it was plugged in and bent the
end of the cable where it plugs into the computer. I assume the pin inside
the computer was also bent. The computer stayed on and seemed to have no
ill effects. However, after I shut it down and then plugged it in again,
the connector did not seem to make contact and start the hard disk whine. I
had to re-insert the cable again.
Should I just bend the end of the power cable back into place and leave the
pin inside the computer alone, or try to move it with a pair of tweezers
back into place?

Send list messages to:  <mailto:powerbooks@;mail.maclaunch.com>
For digest mode, email: <mailto:powerbooks-digest@;mail.maclaunch.com>