I'm not entirely certain of this, but I think the MAC address for the
ethernet "card" on newer (read PCI-based) Macs is set in OpenFirmware.
 You might be able to change it with a set-env type command.  Mucking
around in OpenFirmware is not for the light-hearted.  If you are
dead-set on wanting to change your MAC address, I'd suggest tracking
down some OpenFirmware documentation.  OF is an open standard, so
there should be plenty of documentation on the web.

FWIW, MAC addresses are supposed to be unique...  I imagine you are
changing yours to spoof your ISP, right?  You could cause some serious
chaos on your network.  Why not just tell your ISP that you are
changing the ethernet card of the computer connected to the network
and give them the new MAC address?  They shouldn't complain and should
allow it.  Heck, if you have to, give them some bulls#it about the
ethernet card getting fried by a power spike or something equally
silly.  Or just tell them the truth...

Peace,
Drew

--