The info for which you are searching is to be found here:
<http://exchange.info.apple.com/exchange/>

The recall began a year and a few months ago.  June 2001, I think.

>From Apple's site:
> The recall does not affect AC adapters with a
> three-prong connection (Model Number: M5159)
> that were supplied for use in Europe, the
> Middle East, and Africa. Apple will also replace
> two-prong AC adapters that customers purchased
> from VST Technologies for use with external
> battery chargers or as second adapters.

Specifically, there is no recognized problem with the M5159 adapter.  The recall is
for the M4402...  The 4402 has 2 prongs where the AC cord meets the adapter, the 5159
has 3 prongs.

The adapter you are using is perfectly suitable for use with the 1400, 2400, 3400, G3
Kanga, and Wallstreet.  The power requirements on these machines can all be met by the
4402 or 5159.  It can also be used with a Duo system, but it's a bit of overkill for
that - Duos don't require that much power.

Apparently, a few of these 4402s actually caught fire...

Peace,
Drew
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>