I've a nupower G3 upgrade, in two machines, actually, and have noticed a similar
intermittent problem but cannot identify a pattern. (I thought for a while it
only happened after I was online with the Farallon card, but I do not see how
that could be making the difference!) Neither seemed to do this before we
upgraded to G3 (oh, and 60 and 64 M RAM). We have to be very careful to make
*sure* our machines sleep and shut off when we ask them to. (When they do not,
it's a nightmare I won't go into). Each one has had the experience of being
closed shut for more than a day yet still "on" -- on the verge of overheating.
Yipes! If you find out anything about what kind of conflict really could be
causing this hang (sometimes they do the same when they start up cold or from
sleep, but it isn't often too long... we run OS 8.1) I would also like to hear.
Good luck! As you already know, it's a great machine otherwise! Congrats!

Aly