For anyone who is curious, I recelled my PRAM battery assembly today.

The individual cells are Panasonic 3V VL-(or CR- if they are new)
2330 parts.  They are spot welded to the connector, but you can break
the weld points and re-assemble however you like, so long as you keep
the same circuit paths.

Anyway, Batteries Plus <http://www.batteriesplus.com> has the
replacement batteries.  Look for CR2330 - they are 3V lithium
batteries about the size of a quarter.  My replacements are exactly
the same part (even made by Panasonic) that Apple used in the early
90s.  They cost me $3.50 apiece.

So, i don't know about that $25 that was mentioned for replacing the
190 PRAM battery, but I did mine for $7 (after tax for 4 batteries,
it was $15 and change).

Just FYI.
Peace,
Drew
--

<http://homepage.mac.com/alk/>
"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some