On 2002-12-17 19:44, "Mycroft" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> ...are the hard drives in the powerbooks just standard SCSI drives, or should
>> I be looking for specifically a "notebook" drive?
>
> You do need to be looking for a "notebook" drive, 2.5 inch SCSI. In addition
> to checking eBay for the drives, you might check for 100 series Powerbooks
> that are being sold for parts.

If you take that route, bear in mind that the PowerBook 150 and 190 use IDE
drives.

The largest SCSI drives can be found in the 500 series. Rumour has it that
late PowerBook 500 series models were shipped with IDE drives and SCSI-IDE
converters. That would be the 500 MB models, then; I have a rather late 320
MB model that came with a native SCSI HD.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Joost van de Griek