>  Hi
>
>The Lombard Powerbook was the first book with built in USB ports. They can
>be added to the wallstreet with a USB Cardbus card.
>
>Gary

USB cards also work* on the 3400/Kanga G3 and 2400.

>>We're trying to find the least expensive
>>solution to get it working with her mac(s) since neither her PowerBook 540c
>>or the 6100 have usb. I think the early iBooks had usb...did any of the
>>Wallstreet or Pismo PowerBooks, or 1400, 2400, 3400, etc. have usb?

Well, the Bondi iMac has USB also...  A bondi iMac is a worthwhile
upgrade from a 6100 (even a G3 upgraded 6100).

My suggestion - Bondi iMacs are dirt cheap these days.  If
portability is not an issue, pick one up on eBay.  Otherwise, you'll
be paying for a 3400 + USB card or something more expensive (like the
Lombard G3).

Peace,
Drew

* The PCMCIA slots on the 3400/2400 series are 32bit - they'll take
most CardBus cards just fine.  The downside is that the card cage is
not CardBus compliant, so some cards might not fit correctly.  Also,
there is some fun PC card voodoo you might have to go through at
startup/wake from sleep.
--

<http://homepage.mac.com/alk/>
"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some