[EMAIL PROTECTED] (R Farrington) writes:
>On 1/5/03 11:04 AM, "John Webb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:

>> Hi There Everybody!
>>
>> I was just wondering what would be the best "older" digital camera for
>> my Powerbook 3400? I was looking around on eBay, but I'm totally lost
>> on this subject!
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> John :-)

John,

Several issues here, IME.

First of all, and some have addressed this, is connectivity to the PB.
I highly recommend a camera that allows you to make a PCMCIA
connection. Anything that has removable memory cards or cartridges.
I've used both CompactFlash and SmartMedia. The PCMCIA adaptors are
inexpensive. Then, maximize your memory card size to your budget.

Secondly, IR you make sure the "older" camera can save it's photos in a
format easily readable by your photo software. The trouble I had with
this one camera may have been due to my naivete, but it can be annoying
if you cannot easily drag and drop the photos onto your HD and open
them in batches without having to translate each one. It seems as if
this should never be a problem, but as I say, I had difficult for a
time.

After that, you get into digital camera features and that gets more
subjective.  If you're an experienced 35mm SLR user you may find
digital disappointing, especially in the lower end. It takes
considserable $$$ to get many features that one takes for granted in
35SLR.

HTH
Cliff