At 15:09 Uhr -0500 13.01.2003, PowerBooks wrote:
>  2. I'm planning to have an experienced solderer fix the problem if I can. Is
>  the logic board the same thing as the mother board? I've looked at the
>  instructions in the manual on how to add additonal RAM in order to learn how
>  the case opens. Once the case is open, is the conector jack easily
>  accessible for soldering. Any tips or explanations would be welcome. The
>  person is an experienced technician but not necessarily a computer repair
>  person.

I have done this two times before. At the first time, I had no
soldering experience whatsoever. The powerbook still does work, so I
suppose everything worked well. You have to strip down the logic
board totally, so that you can lift it out of the case (which may
take some fiddling). The instructions on internet were nice, but when
you see the connector, you will probably know what to do anyway.
Good luck!

Nils